We have selected all of our merchandise with care and consideration to ensure your complete satisfaction! If you have any questions about an item on our Website, please feel free to either give us a call or use our contact form and we will do our best to assist you.
Due to the nature of specialty items, we cannot accept returns for special orders, custom orders, consignment, used or one-of-a-kind items.
Merchandise may be returned for a refund of the purchase price, excluding shipping & handling costs, if the customer calls for return authorization within three (3) business days upon receipt of merchandise. The customer is responsible for any applicable shipping charges in the return process. All claims for damage or defects must be made within three (3) business days of receipt. Please retain the shipping carton and packing materials to return the instrument to the address on the original shipping label. A 10% restocking fee would apply to non-defective returns.
Return authorization numbers are good for a period of two (2) weeks from date of issue
Rental Agreement With Option To Purchase
DuBaldo Music Center shall be referred to as DMC, and the Renter shall be referred to as Renter.
- This is a rent-to-own contract and title and ownership of the instrument shall remain with DMC until the contract is paid in full.
- Introductory Offer – this shall apply only to students renting student-level instruments.
- Rental Purchase Option – the Renter may exercise an early payoff option. The early purchase price is the retail price less all rental payments and then subtract 30% from this balance.
- Return of instrument – the Renter may return the instrument, in good condition, to DMC at any time and if the rental payments are current, then the contract is voided and the Renter owes nothing. If there are past due payments the Renter is liable for payment and any applicable late fees. Instrument rentals are not pro-rated and no refunds shall be given for instruments returned prior to the end of the rental period.
- Late Fees – DMC retains ownership of the instrument until the contract is paid in full. The Renter authorizes DMC to pick up the instrument at school or any mutually agreed location when payments are past due. The Renter authorizes DMC to charge their credit card for past due payments (10 days after the due date) and late fees if payments become past due. Late fees are $5 per month or the maximum allowed by State of Connecticut. Renter will pay a $25 fee for any bounced checks or bounced or declined credit card payments.
- Past due payments – if the Renter goes past due on rental payments, the Renter forfeits any equity in the instrument and forfeits the Maintenance coverage. When the past due rental account is brought current then the Renter regains the equity and Maintenance coverage.
- Loss or Extra-Ordinary Damage – Renter is responsible for payment for the instrument in the event that the instrument is lost or extra ordinarily damaged, including willful conduct. If the instrument is returned the Renter is responsible to bring back the instrument in good condition.
- The Renter does not own this instrument until all rental payments are paid or the early purchase option is paid. The Renter does not have the right to keep this property unless rental payments are current.
- Delinquent accounts over 30 days – Renter is responsible to pay DMC for (i) all past due rental payments and other charges, (ii) the retail value of the instrument if not returned and if lost or damaged, (iii) all late fees, (iv) all costs of suit, plus (if) attorney’s fees or collection agency fees of up to 30% of all such sums, plus (v) interest on all such amounts @ 1.5% per month both before and after judgment.
Loss – if the instrument is lost the Renter will receive an instrument of equal value when the proof of loss (police or insurance report) is received.
Damage – DMC will repair a damaged instrument that is not damaged as a result of gross negligence, willful conduct, or purposely damaging the instrument.
Repair – DMC will perform normal and ordinary repairs as required for proper use of the instrument.
Loaner – DMC will provide Renter with a Loaner instrument while their instrument is being repaired.
Rental payments must be current to keep Maintenance coverage in effect.
Wearable items such as strings, reeds, cleaning swabs, and lubricating oils are not covered under maintenance and are the responsibility of the Renter.
Monthly Rental rates are as follows, and include Maintenance and CT Sales Tax
Group A $26.59/month
Group B $48.93/month
Group C $66.67/month (when available)
Maintenance rates are as follows, and are automatically included with all instrument rentals:
Group A $5.00/month, Group B $7.00/month, Group C $8.00/month
The School Year Rental discounted rate is calculated as a 6-month rental rate and the group rates are as follows:
Group A $120.00 + $30 Maint + Tax
Group B $234.00 + $42 Maint + Tax
Group C $328.12 + $48 Maint + Tax
Statement Of Value
The retail price of instruments offered for Rental are as follows:
Alto Sax $2290.00
Baritone Horn $1855.00
French Horn $2669.00
Percussion Kit $565.00
Snare & Bell Combo Kit $795.00
Snare Drum Kit $430.00
Tenor Sax $2245.00