In association with the Downtown Manchester Special Services District, Beller’s Music brings you free concerts on Thursday evenings in July and August from 6-8pm in Downtown Manchester’s lovely Center Park near Mary Cheney Library. Bring a lawn chair and your picnic dinner, or dine at one of Downtown’s restaurants.
– Horizon Blue – Horizon Blue is an acoustic Americana folk, country, and bluegrass musical group. Their family-friendly performances feature a wide range of folk instruments comprising mandolin, dulcimer, banjo, dobro, guitar, and bass. Paired with Monique Hill’s graceful vocals, you’ll find yourself on a smooth foray through a genre not normally heard in Manchester.
– John Mayock and the Homesteaders – John Mayock and the Homesteaders is a sensible yet edgy roots-rock band combining folk sensibilities, country harmony, R&B groove, with the sparkle of pop and the twang of true country. The seasoned and nationally renowned musicians not only have musical pedigrees but possess an exceptional set of song-writing chops to match. You’ll enjoy their haunting and familiar melodies, poetic lyrics that are smart and insightful encased by the band’s masterful musicianship.
– The Troubadours – In conjunction with the Manchester Arts Commission and Imagine Main Street, current Town Troubadour Dan Thompson, Former State Troubadour Lara Herscovitch, and current State Troubadour Kate Callahan join up for an evening celebrating the original “folk” music.
– 41prospect – 41prospect plays a mix of rock and alternative styles, including covers and original songs. Join us as they launch their 3-state tour here in Center Park!
– Glastonbury Ukulele Band – Sing along with the Glastonbury Ukulele Band as they perform typical ukulele fare such as “You Are My Sunshine” and “Five Foot Two.” Other songs are less readily associated with the ukulele but adapt quite well, such as “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes” and “Why Do Fools Fall In Love.” Many genres of music are on the table for the band, including jazz, folk, rock, Elvis, Beatles, Yiddish songs, and show tunes.